event

prepare for battle in the arena!!!

• Bubbles
  • Tally
  • Updates
  • Discuss
  • Faq/Tips

discuss

feedback & discussion

Sun Jan 18th, 2015 12:00 am

Daily Draw 2015
written by David Igo     illustration by Tien Hee

Daily Draw February 2014 was SOOO 2014, this year it's just about being the 5th annual #DailyDraw that happens to take place during February hosted at the glorious house of SatelliteSoda, first of its name.

The goal is simple, draw something, one of anything, every single day for the whole month of February, the end. Giving birth and passing kidney stones are worse than this, so no crying, just push em out.

The fun starts February 1st - prepare the kegs of coffee, put your social lives aside, callus your asses and chain yourself to a drawing apparatus, it's almost here and no one is ready for it. See you kids February 1st.

xoxo

-Igo

#DailyDraw

Sun Jan 18th, 2015 1:00 am

Two weeks!

_________________

Great work tends to grow out of ideas that others have overlooked, and no idea is so overlooked as one that's unthinkable.

http://www.satellitesoda.com | http://www.alpha84.com

DDF 2013 || DDF 2012 || DDF 2011

Thu Jan 22nd, 2015 7:27 pm

Welcome everybody! Welcome back to the old farts, welcome forward to the new farts, welcome in the middle to the middle farts, and so on.

If you have any questions, comments or you just want to sign up, post it below!

Let the (f)art. BEGIN!

Team Unicorn /\

Fri Jan 23rd, 2015 5:35 pm

Awww yisss!

Sat Jan 24th, 2015 11:10 pm

My T-t-t-time has come!

Mon Jan 26th, 2015 5:19 pm

fart noise

Thu Jan 29th, 2015 9:27 pm

I am in

Fri Jan 30th, 2015 5:26 am

Totally doing that. Last year was too busy to join but there is no way im going to miss it again...

Fri Jan 30th, 2015 7:25 am

I'd like to join, please!

Sat Jan 31st, 2015 9:24 am

Well fucking eh, looks like it's fucking February somewhere to my right... *drinks a red bull

Sat Jan 31st, 2015 12:26 pm

February, where on Earth did you come from?! January felt like it didn't even exist. Oh well, back to Daily Draw for my third year in a row. Let's do this!

Sat Jan 31st, 2015 1:26 pm

Woohoo! YEAH another Daily Draw...but how I come I didn't get an email this year? Is it because I failed last year? You guys don't love me anymore do you? :(

Sat Jan 31st, 2015 10:41 am

Didnt send out any emails this year really, so no, we didnt single you out, just been keeping it a bit more low-key than usual to make it a bit more intimate, little bit less of a cluster fuck.

Sat Jan 31st, 2015 4:11 pm

Looking forward to it again this year!

Sat Jan 31st, 2015 9:17 pm

it will be sweet

Sun Feb 01st, 2015 9:59 am

Seems like the Uploader is busted, whose domain does this fall into?

Sat Jan 31st, 2015 6:34 pm

Woohoo! Time flew so fast!
I'm hyped for the new

Sat Jan 31st, 2015 2:09 pm

011010, we're looking into it, god damnit what a wait to start huh?

Sat Jan 31st, 2015 2:27 pm

I'm not ready for this; my moms are sweaty, palms spaghetti...

Sat Jan 31st, 2015 2:36 pm

Guys, we fixed the image uploader, so 011010 try it again and see if it works.
Shane, xoxo

Sat Jan 31st, 2015 3:01 pm

@011010: Well, congratulations on being the first post of DDF 2015! You're like the first colonist on Mars ('cause we all know those first colonies are gonna explode on impact or something, heh). Apologies for the site breakage... But to commemorate this historical moment, SatelliteSoda would like to present to you the DDF2015 Cherry-Popper Award, a prestigious award, awarded to the brave soul who risks precarious, buggy uploaders and posts the first drawing of February every year. Here you go, you brave spirit:

(it's invisible)

Team Unicorn /\

Sun Feb 01st, 2015 11:14 am

Haha, SCORE! Geographical location ftw!
However unfortunately seems like its still not all smooth sailing, do you want the errors that its spitting up on my end?

Sat Jan 31st, 2015 4:45 pm

Effing eff, thanks for helping out 011010, can you shoot the errors to:

Sat Jan 31st, 2015 4:45 pm

spyderfsg@gmail.com

Sat Jan 31st, 2015 9:07 pm

7:05 of a 1st February here. It begins!

Sun Feb 01st, 2015 2:20 pm

Calendar cleared..
Game face on..
Sacrficial offering burnt..
LET'S DO THIS.

Sun Feb 01st, 2015 4:38 pm

sweet, email sent :)

Sat Jan 31st, 2015 9:57 pm

I want to be in on this. Hope it's not too late to join...

Sun Feb 01st, 2015 12:26 am

Sorry for the mess up for those that uploaded and didn't have their images displayed.
Sincerest apologies...
I can fix it quite easily, just send me an email with the image you needed to upload

http://www.satellitesoda.com | http://www.alpha84.com

DDF 2013 || DDF 2012 || DDF 2011

Sun Feb 01st, 2015 12:18 am

Can I sign up? I swear I'll be good this time.

Sun Feb 01st, 2015 3:07 am

Do it! Don't think twice about it!

http://www.satellitesoda.com | http://www.alpha84.com

DDF 2013 || DDF 2012 || DDF 2011

Sun Feb 01st, 2015 3:23 am

Well there it is. The Earth had a nice saunter around the Sun but it's back in its  sweet, sweat-stained February seat once again and it's time to get its sweaty art on! It happened fast!

@Quintonius: Yeah, like Igo said, the mass e-mailing didn't really get e-mailed this year :( :( :(. So if there are any previous participants (or people you know... or people you don't know) out there who you'd like to see participate this year, definitely definitely feel free to send them a message reminding them of DDF because they very likely haven't gotten a reminder yet! If they miss a day or whatever, that's okay. There are no failures in Daily Draw! Only champions!

(well, okay, maybe there a bunch of failures, heh... but we love those failures - even you, Quintonius!)

(Haha, but  seriously, I'm totally joking on the failure part - there seriously are no failures in Daily Draw! This whole thing is about pushing ourselves to create more so as long as you created something, anything, it's hard to call that a fail, by any definition!)

Team Unicorn /\

Tue Feb 03rd, 2015 12:01 pm

Hey fellas, I have noticed an issue (for me anyway, wondering if anyone else has noticed)
When I click on an image on the Daily Draw page I can look at it all fine and dandy, and click on any of their other images with no issues,
HOWEVER if I go to someone's profile by clicking their avatar (which I tried with a bunch of people who had commented on my first

Mon Feb 02nd, 2015 7:56 pm

I'm having the same issue as Hannakin. I can only see the posts on the daily tally not on someones profile. Everyones image is completely blank and unable to open.

Mon Feb 02nd, 2015 9:34 pm

Yes, a weird thing about the problem that Hannakin and Quatre4 are talking about is that if you click any links on that blank image's page (bubbles, tally) it send you to the 2014 bubbles or 2014 tallies. Is it mostly an issue for returning DDFers?

Mon Feb 02nd, 2015 11:45 pm

Yeah, it seems it was an oversight on my end since we used the same system as last year with some tweaks. I'll fix that up later on today. Don't know how it slipped by.

Thank you guys so much for the heads up.

http://www.satellitesoda.com | http://www.alpha84.com

DDF 2013 || DDF 2012 || DDF 2011

Tue Feb 03rd, 2015 7:47 pm

Where is my fancy title for finishing last year? I feel cheated haha.

Wed Feb 04th, 2015 10:33 pm

thanks for the fix, osorio!

Wed Feb 11th, 2015 11:15 am

Late to the party as usual!

Wed Feb 11th, 2015 11:16 am

I hope fashionably. I need the challenge and motivation to make myself do more art. Even just scribbles.

Thu Feb 12th, 2015 11:25 am

Sorry if this is not the right place for troublshooting questions; I checked the FAQs but didn't find anything. Here are my issues: 'things I like' are not showing up in my 'favourites' section of the Menu. Also, even though I check 'remember me next time' at log-in, I still have to enter username/password every time. Glitch, or other?

Thu Feb 19th, 2015 7:56 pm

Damnit. I forgot to upload the drawing I did on the 13th. I uploaded it to my instagram but some how forgot here. I am shamed.

Quote Left  Welcome to my apartment!  Quote Right